Honey Bee Grant Program
Click here to preview the 2017-2018 honey bee hive grant application questions.
The Honey Bee Grant program allows for a K-12 school or non-profit organization to receive support for an educational honey bee hive.
We offer three grant options:
- Monetary grant of $1,500 to support the success of a honey bee hive educational program.
- Observation hive: equipment grant of a custom made indoor observation hive from The Bee Cause Project
- Traditional hive: equipment grant of an outdoor Langstroth or top bar hive with Starter Kit
*All equipment grants include a small monetary grant, covering the first year of expenses. Grant recipients also receive remote consultation and assistance with Beekeeper partnership from The Bee Cause Project.
Honey Bee Grant is COMING SOON
- Application Open: September 1st, 2018
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Closed: October 31, 2018 at 5pm CST
- Full Application Closed: November 15, 2018 at 5pm CST
- Notification of all Applicants: December 2018
- Delivery of Hive and Grant Packages: no later than end of January 2019
For all required reading for the Honey Bee Grant program, as well as instructional videos, please visit The Bee Cause Project resources page.
Watch our webinar with The Bee Cause Project for more information about the grant and how to get your bees approved.
Curriculum and Resources
Use these resources to design your honey bee education or generate ideas!